El Shaarawy signs new AC Milan contract
Milan: AC Milan have announced that striker Stephan El Shaarawy has extended his contract at the club until June 30, 2018.
The 20-year-old has been the standout player for the Rossoneri this season, notching 18 goals and five assists in his 33 games to date in all competitions.
His form saw him linked with the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City, but he has quashed any suggestions he may be tempted to quit the club by extending his current deal until the summer of 2018.
Reports emerged at the end of January that progress had been made on a new deal for El Shaarawy, with his agent Roberto La Florio revealing at the time that talks would likely begin imminently.
The Italy starlet moved to San Siro in the summer of 2011 from Genoa, and has been crucial to Milan`s efforts to rebuild the squad following wholesale changes in pre-season, with his goals helping to propel the side back into contention for a top-three finish this term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre