El Shaarawy signs new AC Milan contract
Milan: AC Milan have announced that striker Stephan El Shaarawy has extended his contract at the club until June 30, 2018.
The 20-year-old has been the standout player for the Rossoneri this season, notching 18 goals and five assists in his 33 games to date in all competitions.
His form saw him linked with the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City, but he has quashed any suggestions he may be tempted to quit the club by extending his current deal until the summer of 2018.
Reports emerged at the end of January that progress had been made on a new deal for El Shaarawy, with his agent Roberto La Florio revealing at the time that talks would likely begin imminently.
The Italy starlet moved to San Siro in the summer of 2011 from Genoa, and has been crucial to Milan`s efforts to rebuild the squad following wholesale changes in pre-season, with his goals helping to propel the side back into contention for a top-three finish this term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Economic engagement with Afghanistan, Iran our priority: PM Modi
- Watch! This is how ATM frauds cheat victims
- Allergic customer dies after being served nut-based curry; restaurant owner found guilty
- Here's a guide to fertility preservation in adult female cancer survivors
- China apprehensive of Tim Cook's plans for India: Chinese media