England defeat not disappointing: Scolari
London: Luiz Felipe Scolari has insisted he is not disappointed after his Brazil side were defeated 2-1 by England on Wednesday night.
Wayne Rooney scored the opener after Ronaldinho’s saved penalty and, though Fred capitalised on Gary Cahill’s awful error to equalise, substitute Frank Lampard secured the friendly win with a typically well-struck goal.
"I’m not disappointed," Scolari told reporters after the game at Wembley. "We faced a strong England team with strong players and in good form, so no, I’m not disappointed.
"I have to credit all of their team, all of their players, their style and the work of their manager because their team is playing very well; it’s very strong and very organised.
"I was not surprised. We have seen all the data, and we know this is the way England play when they are on form. Let us see how they play on June 2 [at the World Cup next year].
"I am used to losing my first game, but after the first game I am used to winning games and competitions. I’m not disappointed or sad."
Ronaldinho - whose goal knocked England out of World Cup 2002 - had a penalty saved by Joe Hart in the first half, but Scolari insisted the former Barcelona star has a future in the international set-up if he keeps his form up.
"[Ronaldinho] He played 90 minutes in the first game in Brazil," he added. "There is some work for him to do, but he played well and if he keeps working he will be capped again."
Another player he reserved praise for was Bayern Munich centre-back Dante, who made his international debut for the Selecao against the Three Lions.
"I’m very satisfied with him, and we have won another great centre-back for the future."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma