England defender Ashley Cole to miss Montenegro qualifier
London: England left back Ashley Cole will miss Friday`s World Cup qualifier against Montenegro with a rib injury and will be replaced in the squad by Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs, the FA said on Monday.
Chelsea defender Cole, who was substituted in his side`s 3-1 win at Norwich City in the Premier League on Sunday, had a scan on the problem which his club manager Jose Mourinho said had been troubling him for some time.
The 32-year-old, who has won 105 international caps, will remain with his club for treatment, the FA said in a statement on its website.
England need to beat Montenegro at Wembley and Poland four days later to guarantee World Cup qualification.
Cole started England`s last two World Cup Group H qualifiers, a 0-0 draw with Ukraine on September 10 and a 4-0 win over Moldova four days earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand