England drops out of top ten in FIFA world rankings
London: England has reportedly dropped out of the top ten in FIFA`s world rankings till November, and has moved down to three places to 13th.
The drop in rankings for England comes after they lost twice in five days at Wembley, going down 2-0 to Chile and 1-0 to Germany.
According to the BBC, England, which is sitting on the 13th on 1,041 points with Portugal, Brazil and Greece moving above them, had climbed seven places to 10th with wins over Poland and Montenegro after they had dropped to 17th in September, their lowest position for 12 years.
However, the report mentioned that the new rankings would not alter the seedings ahead of the World Cup draw on December 6, with FIFA using October`s rankings to confirm the top seeds, which England is not a part of.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that Germany, Argentina and Colombia remain second, third and fourth, while Portugal have moved up nine places to fifth.
Spain remains in the top ten despite being as low as 22nd in June, in the 10th, while Scotland have moved up two places to 33rd, Republic of Ireland (67th) and Wales (56th) dropped seven and 12 places respectively and Northern Ireland remaining unmoved in 90th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report