England drops out of top ten in FIFA world rankings
London: England has reportedly dropped out of the top ten in FIFA`s world rankings till November, and has moved down to three places to 13th.
The drop in rankings for England comes after they lost twice in five days at Wembley, going down 2-0 to Chile and 1-0 to Germany.
According to the BBC, England, which is sitting on the 13th on 1,041 points with Portugal, Brazil and Greece moving above them, had climbed seven places to 10th with wins over Poland and Montenegro after they had dropped to 17th in September, their lowest position for 12 years.
However, the report mentioned that the new rankings would not alter the seedings ahead of the World Cup draw on December 6, with FIFA using October`s rankings to confirm the top seeds, which England is not a part of.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that Germany, Argentina and Colombia remain second, third and fourth, while Portugal have moved up nine places to fifth.
Spain remains in the top ten despite being as low as 22nd in June, in the 10th, while Scotland have moved up two places to 33rd, Republic of Ireland (67th) and Wales (56th) dropped seven and 12 places respectively and Northern Ireland remaining unmoved in 90th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad