England manager Hodgson backs Rooney with ‘complete faith’
London: The manager of England’s national football team has said that he has complete faith on Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, even though he was left from the Champions League second-leg clash against Real Madrid, as United crashed out.
According to Roy Hodgson, Rooney, who has scored 33 goals in 79 internationals, is a vital member of his team, adding that he never had any issues with the English striker, reports leading English daily.
Expressing his pleasure to work with Rooney for a World Cup qualifying match against Montenegro on March 26, Hodgson said that he does not foresee any problems this time with Rooney, who was sent off when England played Montenegro, in a Euro 2012 qualifier and was banned for the first two games of the finals.
Stating that he will personally speak with Rooney on the matter, Hodgson said that the striker is more than aware of his problem, adding that despite that occasion, Rooney has had a good disciplinary record.
Hodgson also said that he has no doubts on Rooney’s capability as the experienced player has never let him down as a player, adding that there is no reason for his confidence to be fragile.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed