England mid-fielder Rodwell says Man U were there for the taking
London: England mid-fielder Jack Rodwell has reckoned that Manchester United were there for the taking on Saturday, and was a shadow of the team Everton faced a year ago.
"They managed to keep us out of their penalty box, but they weren`t the same side either, and we definitely think it is a chance missed,” a daily quoted the 21-year-old football star, as saying.
"In the second half we were pushing forward as they sat back a lot. We just lacked that creativity in the final third. We had a lot of possession and they were there for the taking, but we didn`t capitalize," he added.
Rodwell reckons last weekend`s 6-1 derby mauling by Manchester City swayed boss Alex Ferguson into a more safety-first approach — and pulling Wayne Rooney back to run the engine room in midfield.
"Obviously they`d looked at the goals they conceded last week when players were bombing forward. Maybe they felt vulnerable and they didn`t want to go as gung-ho," Rodwell said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das