England not among top seeds for 2014 Brazil World Cup despite rising to 10th in FIFA rankings
London: Soccer nation England will not be one of the top eight seeds at next year`s World Cup in Brazil even after sealing qualification with a 2-0 win over Poland on Tuesday and will face one of the top-ranked nations in their group matches.
According to the BBC, FIFA`s latest world rankings determined the top seeds for the 2014 tournament.
However, boss Roy Hodgson said that he is not worried whether his team is first or second out of the hat when the draw takes place on 6 December, the report said.
The Netherlands, who were runners-up in 2010, and 2006 winners Italy are also unseeded, the report added.
Switzerland, Belgium and Colombia are seeded following the release of the rankings on Thursday by football`s governing body, the report further said.
Hosts Brazil and the remaining top seven ranked qualifiers will be kept apart in the group stages of next year`s tournament, according to the report.
England will have to face one of Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Colombia and probably Uruguay, the report mentioned.
Meanwhile, French coach Didier Deschamps criticised the system saying that it was not very logical from his point of view.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report