England not among top seeds for 2014 Brazil World Cup despite rising to 10th in FIFA rankings
London: Soccer nation England will not be one of the top eight seeds at next year`s World Cup in Brazil even after sealing qualification with a 2-0 win over Poland on Tuesday and will face one of the top-ranked nations in their group matches.
According to the BBC, FIFA`s latest world rankings determined the top seeds for the 2014 tournament.
However, boss Roy Hodgson said that he is not worried whether his team is first or second out of the hat when the draw takes place on 6 December, the report said.
The Netherlands, who were runners-up in 2010, and 2006 winners Italy are also unseeded, the report added.
Switzerland, Belgium and Colombia are seeded following the release of the rankings on Thursday by football`s governing body, the report further said.
Hosts Brazil and the remaining top seven ranked qualifiers will be kept apart in the group stages of next year`s tournament, according to the report.
England will have to face one of Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Colombia and probably Uruguay, the report mentioned.
Meanwhile, French coach Didier Deschamps criticised the system saying that it was not very logical from his point of view.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it