England`s Roy Hodgson had ``dark moments``, never considered quitting
London: Roy Hodgson suffered "dark moments" but did not think of resigning as England manager following his team`s disappointing group-stage exit at this year`s World Cup in Brazil.
Hodgson, 67, guided England to 2-1 defeats by Italy and Uruguay and a 0-0 draw with Costa Rica on their way to early elimination from the tournament.
"There have been plenty of dark moments, times where looking back you don`t believe fate has put you in that situation," he told Sky Sports News.
"The fact is I would quite happily relinquish this job any time my employers think they don`t want me anymore, or when I feel the players don`t have the respect necessary or feel they don`t want to continue playing for me.
"In that moment, if it`s time for me to walk away, I will do so, but this time it was made clear to me that wasn`t the situation (and) that the FA wanted me to continue in the job.
"The feedback from the people around the team was the same. So, therefore, there was never any doubt in my mind that I shouldn`t continue.
"You only walk away when, A, you can`t stand the pressure or, B, that you don`t feel that you are good enough to do the job and, in that situation, I can safely and strongly say that I never felt that at all."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack