England`s Wilshere could miss Holland friendly
London: England midfielder Jack Wilshere could miss his country`s friendly against Holland on August 10 after suffering an ankle injury in Sunday`s 1-1 draw against New York Red Bulls in the Emirates Cup.
Wilshere was forced to come off after only seven minutes of the pre-season match after taking a kick on the ankle and Gunners manager Arsene Wenger doesn`t expect the teenager to be back in action for a week.
The 19-year-old has an ankle inflammation and, although Wenger hopes he will recovery within a few days, he admitted he wouldn`t play for England if he cannot feature in Arsenal`s friendly against Benfica next weekend.
That would be a blow to England coach Fabio Capello, who plans to build his midfield around Wilshere and is already without Steven Gerrard and Theo Walcott for the clash against Holland.
"The England game is on August 10 and I don`t know whether he will be available. They told me he might be out next week," Wenger said.
"If he is out next week, he will not play against Benfica so he will certainly not play for England.
"They say he might be out for the whole of next week because he has an ankle inflammation. But he has not torn anything. It is not very serious.
"He is a quick healer usually and a tough boy so I hope he will be quicker than the medical predictions."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened