England`s Wilshere ruled out of Euro 2012
London: England and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will miss this year`s European Championship due to a persistent ankle injury, his Premier League club manager Arsene Wenger said on Monday.
The 20-year-old has not played this season and after Arsenal lost 2-1 at home to Wigan Athletic in the Premier League Wenger said he had no chance of being fit for the tournament in Poland and Ukraine starting in June.
"Jack Wilshere will not play again this season, and will not play at the Euros. He is making slow progress. He will not be ready. The FA know about Jack`s injury," Wenger told the club website. "He is devastated."
Wilshere has made five England appearances since making his debut in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal