England`s Wilshere ruled out of Euro 2012
London: England and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will miss this year`s European Championship due to a persistent ankle injury, his Premier League club manager Arsene Wenger said on Monday.
The 20-year-old has not played this season and after Arsenal lost 2-1 at home to Wigan Athletic in the Premier League Wenger said he had no chance of being fit for the tournament in Poland and Ukraine starting in June.
"Jack Wilshere will not play again this season, and will not play at the Euros. He is making slow progress. He will not be ready. The FA know about Jack`s injury," Wenger told the club website. "He is devastated."
Wilshere has made five England appearances since making his debut in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination