England`s Wilshere ruled out of Euro 2012
London: England and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will miss this year`s European Championship due to a persistent ankle injury, his Premier League club manager Arsene Wenger said on Monday.
The 20-year-old has not played this season and after Arsenal lost 2-1 at home to Wigan Athletic in the Premier League Wenger said he had no chance of being fit for the tournament in Poland and Ukraine starting in June.
"Jack Wilshere will not play again this season, and will not play at the Euros. He is making slow progress. He will not be ready. The FA know about Jack`s injury," Wenger told the club website. "He is devastated."
Wilshere has made five England appearances since making his debut in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends