English football club Walsall to visit Trinidad
Port of Spain:English League One football club Walsall is to visit Trinidad and Tobago to play a number of matches against local clubs as part of the pro-league pre-season early next month.
Walsall FC, visiting in response to an invitation from Central FC, will play two matches in Tobago including a clash with Pro a league select 11 as part of their schedule.
The English footballers will also play against Central FC on July 9 at the Ato Boldon Stadium.
“It’s a real pleasure to be able to bring an English club to the Central region and give our youngsters the opportunity to test themselves,” said Central FC Managing Director Brent Sancho, who indicated the club had lost just one match in their concluding 19 matches of the past campaign.
A coaching seminar and a coaching clinic for youths are being planned to coincide with the visit of Walsall who will be arriving with a 20-man squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi