English football club Walsall to visit Trinidad
Port of Spain:English League One football club Walsall is to visit Trinidad and Tobago to play a number of matches against local clubs as part of the pro-league pre-season early next month.
Walsall FC, visiting in response to an invitation from Central FC, will play two matches in Tobago including a clash with Pro a league select 11 as part of their schedule.
The English footballers will also play against Central FC on July 9 at the Ato Boldon Stadium.
“It’s a real pleasure to be able to bring an English club to the Central region and give our youngsters the opportunity to test themselves,” said Central FC Managing Director Brent Sancho, who indicated the club had lost just one match in their concluding 19 matches of the past campaign.
A coaching seminar and a coaching clinic for youths are being planned to coincide with the visit of Walsall who will be arriving with a 20-man squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA