Manchester City yet to make bid for Wolfsburg star De Bruyne
Wolfsburg manager Dieter Hecking says his club have yet to receive a formal offer from Manchester City for Belgium playmaker Kevin De Bruyne.
London: Wolfsburg manager Dieter Hecking says his club have yet to receive a formal offer from Manchester City for Belgium playmaker Kevin De Bruyne.
De Bruyne starred as Wolfsburg finished second in the Bundesliga and won the German Cup last season.
City are reported to be ready to make a blockbuster bid of around £50 million for the 24-year-old former Chelsea midfielder, who broke the Bundesliga assists record last term.
De Bruyne`s agent Patrick De Koster is said to have travelled to London for talks with City director of football Txiki Begiristain this weekend as Wolfsburg are playing in a pre-season tournament at Arsenal`s Emirates Stadium.
But Hecking, speaking after De Bruyne made a 60-minute appearance for Wolfsburg in their 2-1 defeat against Villarreal in the Emirates Cup on Saturday, insisted City haven`t followed up their interest by putting in a formal offer.
"There`s no official offer to Wolfsburg. Kevin`s been very good with me and that`s all there is to say," Hecking said.
"I`m not here to talk about contractual matters. He has no (release) clause (in his contract), but that isn`t the question for us.
"We have no offer from Manchester City. We have no offer from anybody."
However, with Wolfsburg`s Bundesliga opener against Eintracht Frankfurt looming on August 16, Hecking admits the speculation over De Bruyne`s future is an unwanted distraction.
"Of course we want to see a conclusion to this situation. We had a great season last year and Kevin De Bruyne played a big role in this," Hecking added.
"We want to finish this speculation. It`s great for the media of course, but as a coach I have to concentrate on my team."