Blatter blames foreign players for Eng`s World Cup woes
London: FIFA president Sepp Blatter has claimed England has no chance of winning any major tournament, including the World Cup, until and unless it’s domestic league controls the invasion of foreign players.
Blatter is adamant the England national team will fail to develop if managers keep looking abroad for players, the Daily Mail reports.
Blatter believes England is significantly in the shadow of Spain, Italy and Germany - and so will therefore never win a World Cup unless the buying of players from overseas is limited, the paper further reported.
The president added that he doesn’t think the Premier League is too global but you have too many foreigners and not enough English players, so your national team is not yet at the level of these top national teams.
Blatter said if you look to Spain, Italy and Germany, you realise 80 per cent or even more of the players of the national team play in their own league.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video