Blatter blames foreign players for Eng`s World Cup woes
London: FIFA president Sepp Blatter has claimed England has no chance of winning any major tournament, including the World Cup, until and unless it’s domestic league controls the invasion of foreign players.
Blatter is adamant the England national team will fail to develop if managers keep looking abroad for players, the Daily Mail reports.
Blatter believes England is significantly in the shadow of Spain, Italy and Germany - and so will therefore never win a World Cup unless the buying of players from overseas is limited, the paper further reported.
The president added that he doesn’t think the Premier League is too global but you have too many foreigners and not enough English players, so your national team is not yet at the level of these top national teams.
Blatter said if you look to Spain, Italy and Germany, you realise 80 per cent or even more of the players of the national team play in their own league.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP