‘Pep Guardiola would be perfect for Arsenal’
Barcelona: Former Barcelona defender Rafael Marquez believes Pep Guardiola would be the "perfect" coach for Arsenal.
The 33-year-old played under Guardiola at Camp Nou for two seasons before his move to MLS side New York Red Bulls in August 2010.
Guardiola has been linked with a host of top European sides following his departure from Barcelona at the end of last season, while Goal.com exclusively revealed in September that Sir Alex Ferguson has earmarked the 41-year-old as one of two candidates to succeed him at Manchester United, with the other potential appointment being Jose Mourinho.
But Marquez claims Guardiola would be a better replacement for Arsene Wenger at the Emirates Stadium and believes the Spaniard`s next managerial role will be in the Premier League.
Marquez told Cadena SER: "I didn`t yet have the chance to meet Pep in New York. We`ve been in touch before, to help him move here.”
"He will soon return to the game. I think he`ll go to England. He`d be perfect for Arsenal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya