‘Pep Guardiola would be perfect for Arsenal’
Barcelona: Former Barcelona defender Rafael Marquez believes Pep Guardiola would be the "perfect" coach for Arsenal.
The 33-year-old played under Guardiola at Camp Nou for two seasons before his move to MLS side New York Red Bulls in August 2010.
Guardiola has been linked with a host of top European sides following his departure from Barcelona at the end of last season, while Goal.com exclusively revealed in September that Sir Alex Ferguson has earmarked the 41-year-old as one of two candidates to succeed him at Manchester United, with the other potential appointment being Jose Mourinho.
But Marquez claims Guardiola would be a better replacement for Arsene Wenger at the Emirates Stadium and believes the Spaniard`s next managerial role will be in the Premier League.
Marquez told Cadena SER: "I didn`t yet have the chance to meet Pep in New York. We`ve been in touch before, to help him move here.”
"He will soon return to the game. I think he`ll go to England. He`d be perfect for Arsenal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet