Arsenal announce half-year profit of 20.4m euro
London: Arsenal have announced that they have recorded a pre-tax profit of 20.4 million euros for the half-year ending in November 2012.
The figure was driven primarily by the value of player sales, including that of former striker Robin van Persie who left for Manchester United before the start of the season, with those departing the club raking in 48.8m euro for the club.
The accounts also highlight that the club have invested 47m euro in signing new players such as Olivier Giroud, Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla.
More cash was spent on contract extensions such as the ones signed by Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain earlier in the campaign, with chairman Peter Hill-Wood delighted at the financial progress that the club are making off the pitch.
"Our ability to compete at the top of the game here and in Europe is underpinned by our financial performance which gives the club strength and independence," Hill-Wood told the club`s official website.
"Our desire is to make everyone connected with Arsenal proud of the club. We know that comes through winning trophies but also through the way we do things and that will remain our constant guide."
The club`s overall turnover dropped from 130.4m euro to 121.7m euro due to four less home fixture being played at the Emirates as the same period last year, while profits from Arsenal`s property operation increased to 2.2m euro compared to 574,183 euro in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh