Arsenal announce half-year profit of 20.4m euro
London: Arsenal have announced that they have recorded a pre-tax profit of 20.4 million euros for the half-year ending in November 2012.
The figure was driven primarily by the value of player sales, including that of former striker Robin van Persie who left for Manchester United before the start of the season, with those departing the club raking in 48.8m euro for the club.
The accounts also highlight that the club have invested 47m euro in signing new players such as Olivier Giroud, Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla.
More cash was spent on contract extensions such as the ones signed by Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain earlier in the campaign, with chairman Peter Hill-Wood delighted at the financial progress that the club are making off the pitch.
"Our ability to compete at the top of the game here and in Europe is underpinned by our financial performance which gives the club strength and independence," Hill-Wood told the club`s official website.
"Our desire is to make everyone connected with Arsenal proud of the club. We know that comes through winning trophies but also through the way we do things and that will remain our constant guide."
The club`s overall turnover dropped from 130.4m euro to 121.7m euro due to four less home fixture being played at the Emirates as the same period last year, while profits from Arsenal`s property operation increased to 2.2m euro compared to 574,183 euro in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM