``Non-emotional`` Drogba deal a possibility, says Mourinho
Didier Drogba`s return to Chelsea is a possibility but any decision to re-sign him would be made in a non-emotional way, according to manager Jose Mourinho.
"If I bring him back, and the decision has to be made soon, it is because as a player he has qualities to make the team stronger," Mourinho was quoted as saying by the BBC.
"Because we know his heart is pushing him to where he feels he belongs, we are thinking about the possibility (of a deal). We feel that Didier belongs to us.
"We want to win matches and win titles and Didier is one of the best strikers in Europe," said the Portuguese. "He is still very adapted to the needs of the Premier League and we are thinking about it in a non-emotional way."
The Ivorian, 36, won 10 trophies at Chelsea from 2004-2012 and is available on a free transfer from Galatasaray.
Drogba joined the Blues from Marseille for 24 million pounds ($40.8 million) in 2004 and scored 157 goals in 342 appearances for the London club, including the winning penalty in the 2012 Champions League final against Bayern Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley