Ashley Cole fined for abusing FA on Twitter
London: Chelsea full-back Ashley Cole has been fined 90,000 ponds by the English Football Association (FA) for statements on his Twitter page, the association said.
The England international insulted FA employees for their decision to suspend his Chelsea teammate John Terry for four games after finding him guilty of racially abusing Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand.
Later, Cole apologized and deleted the tweet.
Cole, who requested the hearing be closed to the public, was also warned to behave in future.
Chelsea published a statement on Terry Thursday saying that the club would take further disciplinary actions in addition to the ban and 220,000 pounds fine imposed by the FA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord