Ashley Cole fined for abusing FA on Twitter
London: Chelsea full-back Ashley Cole has been fined 90,000 ponds by the English Football Association (FA) for statements on his Twitter page, the association said.
The England international insulted FA employees for their decision to suspend his Chelsea teammate John Terry for four games after finding him guilty of racially abusing Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand.
Later, Cole apologized and deleted the tweet.
Cole, who requested the hearing be closed to the public, was also warned to behave in future.
Chelsea published a statement on Terry Thursday saying that the club would take further disciplinary actions in addition to the ban and 220,000 pounds fine imposed by the FA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: Stranger forcefully kisses girl in public, no one comes to rescue - See reaction
- Gold price climbs by Rs 120 to Rs 30,770 per 10 grams
- Fans bamboozled! John Cena posts Virat Kohli's picture on official instagram account, no reason cited
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian