Ashley Cole fined for abusing FA on Twitter
London: Chelsea full-back Ashley Cole has been fined 90,000 ponds by the English Football Association (FA) for statements on his Twitter page, the association said.
The England international insulted FA employees for their decision to suspend his Chelsea teammate John Terry for four games after finding him guilty of racially abusing Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand.
Later, Cole apologized and deleted the tweet.
Cole, who requested the hearing be closed to the public, was also warned to behave in future.
Chelsea published a statement on Terry Thursday saying that the club would take further disciplinary actions in addition to the ban and 220,000 pounds fine imposed by the FA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi