Ashley Cole fined for abusing FA on Twitter
London: Chelsea full-back Ashley Cole has been fined 90,000 ponds by the English Football Association (FA) for statements on his Twitter page, the association said.
The England international insulted FA employees for their decision to suspend his Chelsea teammate John Terry for four games after finding him guilty of racially abusing Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand.
Later, Cole apologized and deleted the tweet.
Cole, who requested the hearing be closed to the public, was also warned to behave in future.
Chelsea published a statement on Terry Thursday saying that the club would take further disciplinary actions in addition to the ban and 220,000 pounds fine imposed by the FA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'