Cole becomes ‘highest paid defender’ in world after signing £200,000 per week deal
London: Ashley Cole will become world’s highest paid defender after agreeing to a 200,000 pound per week contract extension with the European champions Chelsea. Chelsea is expected to announce the one-year contract extension ahead of Wednesday’s Capital One Cup semi-final against Swansea, but the deal has been agreed.
Chelsea have agreed to a pay hike for the England defender because it would have cost them well in excess of 15 million pound to secure a replacement left back of similar quality in the summer, the paper added. Cole’s representatives had held tentative talks with Real Madrid, Paris St Germain and Manchester United, but Chelsea eventually caved in to the left back’s demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli