Cole becomes ‘highest paid defender’ in world after signing £200,000 per week deal
London: Ashley Cole will become world’s highest paid defender after agreeing to a 200,000 pound per week contract extension with the European champions Chelsea. Chelsea is expected to announce the one-year contract extension ahead of Wednesday’s Capital One Cup semi-final against Swansea, but the deal has been agreed.
Chelsea have agreed to a pay hike for the England defender because it would have cost them well in excess of 15 million pound to secure a replacement left back of similar quality in the summer, the paper added. Cole’s representatives had held tentative talks with Real Madrid, Paris St Germain and Manchester United, but Chelsea eventually caved in to the left back’s demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic