Cole becomes ‘highest paid defender’ in world after signing £200,000 per week deal
London: Ashley Cole will become world’s highest paid defender after agreeing to a 200,000 pound per week contract extension with the European champions Chelsea. Chelsea is expected to announce the one-year contract extension ahead of Wednesday’s Capital One Cup semi-final against Swansea, but the deal has been agreed.
Chelsea have agreed to a pay hike for the England defender because it would have cost them well in excess of 15 million pound to secure a replacement left back of similar quality in the summer, the paper added. Cole’s representatives had held tentative talks with Real Madrid, Paris St Germain and Manchester United, but Chelsea eventually caved in to the left back’s demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- BJP workers stall Uttar Pradesh Assembly proceedings, bring city to halt
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags spotted as massive protests continue in Balochistan
- Fitch reaffirms Bharat Petroleum's ratings with stable outlook
- Michael Phelps ruled Twitter during Rio Olympics 2016
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy