EPL 2012: Arsenal play out goalless draw against Stoke
Stoke: Arsenal and Stoke produced a goalless draw at the Britannia Stadium on Sunday, with Olivier Giroud coming closest to scoring for the London side in the final minute of the game.
Giroud collected a pass from substitute Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 40 yards from goal on the left and tried to lob Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, with the shot glancing the roof of the net.
Stoke manager Tony Pulis gave United States international Geoff Cameron his debut in the center of midfield while fellow offseason signing Michael Kightly also started.
Midfielder Santi Cazorla produced another lively display for Arsene Wenger`s side, trying his luck with a number of long range attempts, while Stoke had a goal for Jonathan Walters correctly ruled out for offside in the first half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past