EPL 2012: Arsenal play out goalless draw against Stoke
Stoke: Arsenal and Stoke produced a goalless draw at the Britannia Stadium on Sunday, with Olivier Giroud coming closest to scoring for the London side in the final minute of the game.
Giroud collected a pass from substitute Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 40 yards from goal on the left and tried to lob Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, with the shot glancing the roof of the net.
Stoke manager Tony Pulis gave United States international Geoff Cameron his debut in the center of midfield while fellow offseason signing Michael Kightly also started.
Midfielder Santi Cazorla produced another lively display for Arsene Wenger`s side, trying his luck with a number of long range attempts, while Stoke had a goal for Jonathan Walters correctly ruled out for offside in the first half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre