EPL 2012: Arsenal play out goalless draw against Stoke
Stoke: Arsenal and Stoke produced a goalless draw at the Britannia Stadium on Sunday, with Olivier Giroud coming closest to scoring for the London side in the final minute of the game.
Giroud collected a pass from substitute Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 40 yards from goal on the left and tried to lob Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, with the shot glancing the roof of the net.
Stoke manager Tony Pulis gave United States international Geoff Cameron his debut in the center of midfield while fellow offseason signing Michael Kightly also started.
Midfielder Santi Cazorla produced another lively display for Arsene Wenger`s side, trying his luck with a number of long range attempts, while Stoke had a goal for Jonathan Walters correctly ruled out for offside in the first half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery