EPL 2012: Arsenal play out goalless draw against Stoke
Stoke: Arsenal and Stoke produced a goalless draw at the Britannia Stadium on Sunday, with Olivier Giroud coming closest to scoring for the London side in the final minute of the game.
Giroud collected a pass from substitute Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 40 yards from goal on the left and tried to lob Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, with the shot glancing the roof of the net.
Stoke manager Tony Pulis gave United States international Geoff Cameron his debut in the center of midfield while fellow offseason signing Michael Kightly also started.
Midfielder Santi Cazorla produced another lively display for Arsene Wenger`s side, trying his luck with a number of long range attempts, while Stoke had a goal for Jonathan Walters correctly ruled out for offside in the first half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet