EPL 2012: Liverpool draw 2-2 with Manchester City
Liverpool: Manchester City twice came from behind to secure a hard-earned 2-2 draw against Liverpool in the Premier League at Anfield on Sunday.
Martin Skrtel gave Liverpool the lead with a powerful header from a Steven Gerrard corner in a first half in which Brendan Rodgers` team edged the defending champions.
Yaya Toure equalized for Roberto Mancini`s side in the 63rd after Pepe Reina failed to claim a cross that Martin Kelly could not control, allowing Toure to finish from close range.
Luis Suarez restored Liverpool`s lead with a perfectly executed low free kick into the corner of Joe Hart`s goal.
Skrtel was at fault for City`s second with an under-hit pass back toward Reina, which Carlos Tevez ran on to, rounding Liverpool`s goalkeeper and slotting into an empty net.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city