EPL 2012: Liverpool draw 2-2 with Manchester City
Liverpool: Manchester City twice came from behind to secure a hard-earned 2-2 draw against Liverpool in the Premier League at Anfield on Sunday.
Martin Skrtel gave Liverpool the lead with a powerful header from a Steven Gerrard corner in a first half in which Brendan Rodgers` team edged the defending champions.
Yaya Toure equalized for Roberto Mancini`s side in the 63rd after Pepe Reina failed to claim a cross that Martin Kelly could not control, allowing Toure to finish from close range.
Luis Suarez restored Liverpool`s lead with a perfectly executed low free kick into the corner of Joe Hart`s goal.
Skrtel was at fault for City`s second with an under-hit pass back toward Reina, which Carlos Tevez ran on to, rounding Liverpool`s goalkeeper and slotting into an empty net.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire