EPL to introduce goal-line technology
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: After a successful trial at the 2012 Club World Cup, FIFA has given goal-line technology the green signal and now the English Premier League seems to be all set on introducing it into the popular football league.
"We`re working on the basis of having goal-line technology in place for the start of the season," said Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson, revealing that the EPL was in advanced talks with two providers, Hawkeye and GoalRef.
Insisting that the system wouldn’t be overly expensive, Johnson added that no team could opt out of this if passed by the league: “All clubs will have to have the system, including those promoted.”
FIFA itself is fairly confident of adding technology to the next World Cup in Brazil in 2014. The law-making panel will meet in Edinburgh on Saturday to discuss and, most probably, give goal-line technology the thumbs-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack