EPL to introduce goal-line technology
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: After a successful trial at the 2012 Club World Cup, FIFA has given goal-line technology the green signal and now the English Premier League seems to be all set on introducing it into the popular football league.
"We`re working on the basis of having goal-line technology in place for the start of the season," said Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson, revealing that the EPL was in advanced talks with two providers, Hawkeye and GoalRef.
Insisting that the system wouldn’t be overly expensive, Johnson added that no team could opt out of this if passed by the league: “All clubs will have to have the system, including those promoted.”
FIFA itself is fairly confident of adding technology to the next World Cup in Brazil in 2014. The law-making panel will meet in Edinburgh on Saturday to discuss and, most probably, give goal-line technology the thumbs-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch