EPL to introduce goal-line technology
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: After a successful trial at the 2012 Club World Cup, FIFA has given goal-line technology the green signal and now the English Premier League seems to be all set on introducing it into the popular football league.
"We`re working on the basis of having goal-line technology in place for the start of the season," said Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson, revealing that the EPL was in advanced talks with two providers, Hawkeye and GoalRef.
Insisting that the system wouldn’t be overly expensive, Johnson added that no team could opt out of this if passed by the league: “All clubs will have to have the system, including those promoted.”
FIFA itself is fairly confident of adding technology to the next World Cup in Brazil in 2014. The law-making panel will meet in Edinburgh on Saturday to discuss and, most probably, give goal-line technology the thumbs-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble