EPL to introduce goal-line technology
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: After a successful trial at the 2012 Club World Cup, FIFA has given goal-line technology the green signal and now the English Premier League seems to be all set on introducing it into the popular football league.
"We`re working on the basis of having goal-line technology in place for the start of the season," said Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson, revealing that the EPL was in advanced talks with two providers, Hawkeye and GoalRef.
Insisting that the system wouldn’t be overly expensive, Johnson added that no team could opt out of this if passed by the league: “All clubs will have to have the system, including those promoted.”
FIFA itself is fairly confident of adding technology to the next World Cup in Brazil in 2014. The law-making panel will meet in Edinburgh on Saturday to discuss and, most probably, give goal-line technology the thumbs-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days