`Officially’ England`s most successful club is...
London: Liverpool has won the maximum points in the history of the English football, according to a new table revealed by TalkSport.
The Merseyside giants last won the English title in 1990, but since the formation of the Premier League in 1992, they have watched Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea fill their boots, the Sun reports.
The Premier League era may have left the Reds potless in terms of titles but they still top the table of the most successful clubs in England, and even Everton’s consistency in the elite league sees them in third, one place ahead of modern-day greats United.
But 18 league titles and only 12 seasons outside the top flight means Liverpool are the all-time kings of the elite league, which is based on the number of points won since the inaugural Football League in 1888. The table awards two points for a win and one for a draw from 1888-1981 and three points for a win and one for a draw from the 1981-82 season onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader