`Officially’ England`s most successful club is...
London: Liverpool has won the maximum points in the history of the English football, according to a new table revealed by TalkSport.
The Merseyside giants last won the English title in 1990, but since the formation of the Premier League in 1992, they have watched Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea fill their boots, the Sun reports.
The Premier League era may have left the Reds potless in terms of titles but they still top the table of the most successful clubs in England, and even Everton’s consistency in the elite league sees them in third, one place ahead of modern-day greats United.
But 18 league titles and only 12 seasons outside the top flight means Liverpool are the all-time kings of the elite league, which is based on the number of points won since the inaugural Football League in 1888. The table awards two points for a win and one for a draw from 1888-1981 and three points for a win and one for a draw from the 1981-82 season onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology