London: Liverpool are likely to make just one change from the draw at Sunderland last weekend, with Jose Enrique returning to Brendan Rodgers’ side in place of Martin Kelly.
Fabio Borini and Raheem Sterling, both substitutes in the 5-3 win at Young Boys on Thursday, should come back into the starting line-up to provide support for Luis Suarez, who was not in the squad for their Europa League encounter.
Joe Cole (hamstring) and Lucas (thigh) remain Rodgers` only injury concerns within his squad.
Wayne Rooney and Ashley Young are still too unfit to feature, although Rooney may return next week, but the former Aston Villa is still three weeks away from a comeback. Robin van Persie is likely to lead the line, with support from Shinji Kagawa.
David de Gea was in goal for the Red Devils’ 1-0 win over Galatasaray in midweek and is set to keep his place between the posts, and Alexander Buttner may retain his place in the XI after a goalscoring performance against Wigan last weekend.
• In their last five Premier League meetings, both sides have been on the scoresheet; the last time a side kept a clean sheet in this fixture was in October 2010 when Liverpool won 2-0.
• Brendan Rodgers’ side are still looking for their first clean sheet of this season, having kept 11 in the Premier League last year
• Liverpool have had 75 shots so far this season – the most in the league – but only 15 of them have been on target.
• Luis Suarez (pictured right) has created more goalscoring chances than anyone in the Premier League (12), but has yet to register an assist.
• Nemanja Vidic and Michael Carrick are the only two players to have started all four Premier League games for Manchester United this term.
• Danny Welbeck has yet to have a shot on target in the Premier League, despite 10 attempts so far this season; seven of them came in last week’s win over Wigan.