City`s Javi Garcia joins Zenit on permanent deal
Zee Media Bureau/Dattaraj Thaly
New Delhi: Manchester City`s Spanish midefielder Javi Garica has left the club to join Russian side Zenith St Petersburg on a permanent deal.
City confirmed this news on their official website.
The 27-year-old`s two year association with the Premier League champions was marred with injury, which is why he was unable to establish himself in City`s midfield.
Garcia joined City from Portuguese side Benfica in 2012. He capped off a memorable league debut with a goal against Stoke City. The Spain international made 71 appearences for the Manchester club in all competitons.
At Zenith, Garica will join forces with yet another Premier League manager in Andre Villas-Boas, who has got off to a good start winning his first four league games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites