City`s Javi Garcia joins Zenit on permanent deal
Zee Media Bureau/Dattaraj Thaly
New Delhi: Manchester City`s Spanish midefielder Javi Garica has left the club to join Russian side Zenith St Petersburg on a permanent deal.
City confirmed this news on their official website.
The 27-year-old`s two year association with the Premier League champions was marred with injury, which is why he was unable to establish himself in City`s midfield.
Garcia joined City from Portuguese side Benfica in 2012. He capped off a memorable league debut with a goal against Stoke City. The Spain international made 71 appearences for the Manchester club in all competitons.
At Zenith, Garica will join forces with yet another Premier League manager in Andre Villas-Boas, who has got off to a good start winning his first four league games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance