City`s Javi Garcia joins Zenit on permanent deal
Zee Media Bureau/Dattaraj Thaly
New Delhi: Manchester City`s Spanish midefielder Javi Garica has left the club to join Russian side Zenith St Petersburg on a permanent deal.
City confirmed this news on their official website.
The 27-year-old`s two year association with the Premier League champions was marred with injury, which is why he was unable to establish himself in City`s midfield.
Garcia joined City from Portuguese side Benfica in 2012. He capped off a memorable league debut with a goal against Stoke City. The Spain international made 71 appearences for the Manchester club in all competitons.
At Zenith, Garica will join forces with yet another Premier League manager in Andre Villas-Boas, who has got off to a good start winning his first four league games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years