City`s Javi Garcia joins Zenit on permanent deal
Zee Media Bureau/Dattaraj Thaly
New Delhi: Manchester City`s Spanish midefielder Javi Garica has left the club to join Russian side Zenith St Petersburg on a permanent deal.
City confirmed this news on their official website.
The 27-year-old`s two year association with the Premier League champions was marred with injury, which is why he was unable to establish himself in City`s midfield.
Garcia joined City from Portuguese side Benfica in 2012. He capped off a memorable league debut with a goal against Stoke City. The Spain international made 71 appearences for the Manchester club in all competitons.
At Zenith, Garica will join forces with yet another Premier League manager in Andre Villas-Boas, who has got off to a good start winning his first four league games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan