Manchester City agree €27 million fee with Fiorentina for Jovetic
Manchester: Manchester City have agreed a €27 million plus add-ons deal with Fiorentina for attacker Stevan Jovetic.
The 23-year-old`s agent, Fali Ramadani, is set to travel to Manchester to meet with City sporting director Txiki Begiristain in the next 24 hours, with club officials confident of completing the move following those talks.
City have agreed to a package that meets Fiorentina`s €30m (£26m) asking price, with €27m (£23.3m) set to be paid up front and a further €3m (£2.6m) to be paid in performance-related bonuses.
Jovetic visited the Fanfani Medical Centre in Florence for tests on Monday, accompanied by the Serie A side`s doctor, Jacopo Giuliattini.
City, who have sent a large group of staff to South Africa as part of their pre-season tour, also conducted similar assessments on Jesus Navas in Seville before his €21m move to the Etihad Stadium in June.
Jovetic was later followed by Mario Gomez, who is set to complete his transfer from Bayern Munich to the Florence outfit imminently.
Ramadani met with Begiristain at Mottram Hall last week to discuss terms, with City set to pay Jovetic an £80,000-a-week salary package on arrival in Manchester.
The clubs have maintained a good relationship harboured following Stefan Savic`s move from Manchester to Fiorentina last summer.
City are set for disappointment with regards to Alvaro Negredo, however, whom they had hoped to secure in a double swoop alongisde Jovetic. The Sevilla attacker is rated as having a "one per cent" chance of joining Manuel Pellegrini`s side by the Spanish club`s president, Jose Maria del Nido.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore