After Giggs, Ferguson now eyes Ferdinand for new United deal
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is set to hand a new one-year contract to Rio Ferdinand following the extension of veteran Ryan Giggs United career to 2014.
The United boss has said that he expects that Ferdinand will stay on in the club after his contract ends in the summer, like Giggs.
Ferguson also said that there is a strong possibility of the defender staying back at the club, adding that Ferdinand had a great season and has managed himself in a proper manner.
Meanwhile, Ferguson hailed Giggs over his incredible career at United, after the veteran extended his contract till 2014 which will secure him a 23rd season at United.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!