After Giggs, Ferguson now eyes Ferdinand for new United deal
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is set to hand a new one-year contract to Rio Ferdinand following the extension of veteran Ryan Giggs United career to 2014.
The United boss has said that he expects that Ferdinand will stay on in the club after his contract ends in the summer, like Giggs.
Ferguson also said that there is a strong possibility of the defender staying back at the club, adding that Ferdinand had a great season and has managed himself in a proper manner.
Meanwhile, Ferguson hailed Giggs over his incredible career at United, after the veteran extended his contract till 2014 which will secure him a 23rd season at United.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered