Alex Ferguson eyeing Premier League title with record points haul
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed he would be absolutely delighted if they win the Premier League title this season with a record points haul.
United need 22 points from their final nine games to top Chelsea`s high of 95 in 2004-05.
Ferguson said if his team could get to 96 points he would be absolutely delighted and that would be a fantastic season, adding if they get to that position, they have probably won the league.
Fergie is also stunned to be racing away with the title in March, having lost out on goal difference to Manchester City in the final seconds of last season.
The Scot said with Manchester City coming on the scene and Chelsea and Arsenal and Spurs, you have teams vying for that top-four position, adding he expected it to be really tight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez