Alex Ferguson eyeing Premier League title with record points haul
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed he would be absolutely delighted if they win the Premier League title this season with a record points haul.
United need 22 points from their final nine games to top Chelsea`s high of 95 in 2004-05.
Ferguson said if his team could get to 96 points he would be absolutely delighted and that would be a fantastic season, adding if they get to that position, they have probably won the league.
Fergie is also stunned to be racing away with the title in March, having lost out on goal difference to Manchester City in the final seconds of last season.
The Scot said with Manchester City coming on the scene and Chelsea and Arsenal and Spurs, you have teams vying for that top-four position, adding he expected it to be really tight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state