Alex Ferguson eyeing Premier League title with record points haul
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed he would be absolutely delighted if they win the Premier League title this season with a record points haul.
United need 22 points from their final nine games to top Chelsea`s high of 95 in 2004-05.
Ferguson said if his team could get to 96 points he would be absolutely delighted and that would be a fantastic season, adding if they get to that position, they have probably won the league.
Fergie is also stunned to be racing away with the title in March, having lost out on goal difference to Manchester City in the final seconds of last season.
The Scot said with Manchester City coming on the scene and Chelsea and Arsenal and Spurs, you have teams vying for that top-four position, adding he expected it to be really tight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister