Beckham hopes to beat Giggs’ ‘longevity’ record
London: Former English footballer David Beckham has said that he has not ruled out playing into his 40s like his former Manchester United team-mate Ryan Giggs, who has signed a new one-year contract at United.
Stating that he is still fit and can play in his later years like veteran Giggs even after his five-month deal at Paris St Germain runs out this summer, Beckham said that the reason he is still playing is because of his former boss Sir Alex Ferguson, a leading British tabloid reports.
According to the former United player, Ferguson had taught him and his team-mates since they were teenagers to respect football and their bodies and play like they love the game. Beckham further said that he believed that he may be able to beat Giggs on going ahead with his career.
Stating that at his age, he cannot take a contract for two or three years, Beckham, however said that he wants to make a big contribution at PSG during his six-month contract at the French club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal