Bobby Charlton says Sir Alex in no rush to retire
Manchester: Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has said that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will not be stepping down from his post following rumours that Ferguson would retire from Old Trafford if the club were to get their 20th top-flight title this season.
Revealing that he was one of the United staff to bring Ferguson as a manager, Charlton said that Ferguson still has a hunger and desire for football which has not decreased, the Daily Star reports.
Charlton praised Ferguson, who had been the United boss for 26 years, and said that his time at the club is testament to his individual and United’s success. The former United star further said that Ferguson is unafraid to share the love he has for the game with others.
Ferguson has always said that his health will be a big factor in determining how much longer he remains in the Old Trafford hot seat. But before he goes, he wants more success in the Premier League and, ideally, another Champions League triumph to add to the two he has already landed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy