Bobby Charlton says Sir Alex in no rush to retire
Manchester: Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has said that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will not be stepping down from his post following rumours that Ferguson would retire from Old Trafford if the club were to get their 20th top-flight title this season.
Revealing that he was one of the United staff to bring Ferguson as a manager, Charlton said that Ferguson still has a hunger and desire for football which has not decreased, the Daily Star reports.
Charlton praised Ferguson, who had been the United boss for 26 years, and said that his time at the club is testament to his individual and United’s success. The former United star further said that Ferguson is unafraid to share the love he has for the game with others.
Ferguson has always said that his health will be a big factor in determining how much longer he remains in the Old Trafford hot seat. But before he goes, he wants more success in the Premier League and, ideally, another Champions League triumph to add to the two he has already landed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers