CL glory ‘bigger priority’ than domestic FA Cup success: Ferguson
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said the Champions League success is placed above winning the FA Cup in club’s priority list, but added that England’s domestic cup still has a special importance of its own.
The last time the Red Devils won the famous old trophy was when they beat Millwall in 2004, the Sun reports.
The fifth round of the competition this year falls in between the two mouthwatering European clashes against Real Madrid, and the United chief insists there is only one winner.
Ferguson said the Champions League, without doubt, is the bigger challenge for the club since Europe’s best clubs are competing in it.
Even so, Ferguson remains a big fan of the FA Cup and is baffled at how United keep getting the rough end of the deal.
Ferguson added that he FA Cup is still the best domestic cup in the world, as it still holds the romance about it when you are waiting for the draw. Fergie added that he doesn’t think it is as exciting as when one used to sit around a radio on a Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Notice issued to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra over her land deal in Shimla
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch