CL glory ‘bigger priority’ than domestic FA Cup success: Ferguson
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said the Champions League success is placed above winning the FA Cup in club’s priority list, but added that England’s domestic cup still has a special importance of its own.
The last time the Red Devils won the famous old trophy was when they beat Millwall in 2004, the Sun reports.
The fifth round of the competition this year falls in between the two mouthwatering European clashes against Real Madrid, and the United chief insists there is only one winner.
Ferguson said the Champions League, without doubt, is the bigger challenge for the club since Europe’s best clubs are competing in it.
Even so, Ferguson remains a big fan of the FA Cup and is baffled at how United keep getting the rough end of the deal.
Ferguson added that he FA Cup is still the best domestic cup in the world, as it still holds the romance about it when you are waiting for the draw. Fergie added that he doesn’t think it is as exciting as when one used to sit around a radio on a Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you