CL glory ‘bigger priority’ than domestic FA Cup success: Ferguson
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said the Champions League success is placed above winning the FA Cup in club’s priority list, but added that England’s domestic cup still has a special importance of its own.
The last time the Red Devils won the famous old trophy was when they beat Millwall in 2004, the Sun reports.
The fifth round of the competition this year falls in between the two mouthwatering European clashes against Real Madrid, and the United chief insists there is only one winner.
Ferguson said the Champions League, without doubt, is the bigger challenge for the club since Europe’s best clubs are competing in it.
Even so, Ferguson remains a big fan of the FA Cup and is baffled at how United keep getting the rough end of the deal.
Ferguson added that he FA Cup is still the best domestic cup in the world, as it still holds the romance about it when you are waiting for the draw. Fergie added that he doesn’t think it is as exciting as when one used to sit around a radio on a Monday morning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed