CL glory ‘bigger priority’ than domestic FA Cup success: Ferguson
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said the Champions League success is placed above winning the FA Cup in club’s priority list, but added that England’s domestic cup still has a special importance of its own.
The last time the Red Devils won the famous old trophy was when they beat Millwall in 2004, the Sun reports.
The fifth round of the competition this year falls in between the two mouthwatering European clashes against Real Madrid, and the United chief insists there is only one winner.
Ferguson said the Champions League, without doubt, is the bigger challenge for the club since Europe’s best clubs are competing in it.
Even so, Ferguson remains a big fan of the FA Cup and is baffled at how United keep getting the rough end of the deal.
Ferguson added that he FA Cup is still the best domestic cup in the world, as it still holds the romance about it when you are waiting for the draw. Fergie added that he doesn’t think it is as exciting as when one used to sit around a radio on a Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations