Fergie sets 25-goal target for striker trinity of Van Persie, Rooney and Hernandez
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has set in-form Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie and Javier Hernandez a new target of 25 goals for the season. Rooney has banged in six goals in his last six matches for United and England since returning from injury, the Sun reports. Van Persie and Hernandez are also in fine form for the league leaders but Ferguson is demanding more.
The United boss said if he can get Van Persie, Hernandez and Rooney on 25 goals it would get United in the ball-park position for top honours. Fergie added the way they are going, the signs are good, adding Hernandez has 14, Rooney has 13 and Van Persie has 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief