Fergie sets 25-goal target for striker trinity of Van Persie, Rooney and Hernandez
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has set in-form Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie and Javier Hernandez a new target of 25 goals for the season. Rooney has banged in six goals in his last six matches for United and England since returning from injury, the Sun reports. Van Persie and Hernandez are also in fine form for the league leaders but Ferguson is demanding more.
The United boss said if he can get Van Persie, Hernandez and Rooney on 25 goals it would get United in the ball-park position for top honours. Fergie added the way they are going, the signs are good, adding Hernandez has 14, Rooney has 13 and Van Persie has 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city