Ferguson fears Van Persie may be moving towards meltdown
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said he fears key striker Robin Van Persie may be tired after an explosive first season performance at the club.
The Dutchman has scored just once in his last 12 games for the league leaders, and his winner at Sunderland on Saturday went down as a Titus Bramble own goal.
According to Ferguson, it may be necessary to monitor Van Persie because the team still does not have complete information on the footballer or the type of seasons that he had had before.
Ferguson further said that Van Persie probably did not have such an intensive season during his stint at Arsenal, adding that the team management will have to examine the issue.
Van Persie, who has scored 23 goals for his club this season, also missed a sitter in United`s FA Cup defeat at Chelsea on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf