Ferguson fears Van Persie may be moving towards meltdown
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said he fears key striker Robin Van Persie may be tired after an explosive first season performance at the club.
The Dutchman has scored just once in his last 12 games for the league leaders, and his winner at Sunderland on Saturday went down as a Titus Bramble own goal.
According to Ferguson, it may be necessary to monitor Van Persie because the team still does not have complete information on the footballer or the type of seasons that he had had before.
Ferguson further said that Van Persie probably did not have such an intensive season during his stint at Arsenal, adding that the team management will have to examine the issue.
Van Persie, who has scored 23 goals for his club this season, also missed a sitter in United`s FA Cup defeat at Chelsea on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof