Ferguson fears Van Persie may be moving towards meltdown
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said he fears key striker Robin Van Persie may be tired after an explosive first season performance at the club.
The Dutchman has scored just once in his last 12 games for the league leaders, and his winner at Sunderland on Saturday went down as a Titus Bramble own goal.
According to Ferguson, it may be necessary to monitor Van Persie because the team still does not have complete information on the footballer or the type of seasons that he had had before.
Ferguson further said that Van Persie probably did not have such an intensive season during his stint at Arsenal, adding that the team management will have to examine the issue.
Van Persie, who has scored 23 goals for his club this season, also missed a sitter in United`s FA Cup defeat at Chelsea on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand