Ferguson fears Van Persie may be moving towards meltdown
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said he fears key striker Robin Van Persie may be tired after an explosive first season performance at the club.
The Dutchman has scored just once in his last 12 games for the league leaders, and his winner at Sunderland on Saturday went down as a Titus Bramble own goal.
According to Ferguson, it may be necessary to monitor Van Persie because the team still does not have complete information on the footballer or the type of seasons that he had had before.
Ferguson further said that Van Persie probably did not have such an intensive season during his stint at Arsenal, adding that the team management will have to examine the issue.
Van Persie, who has scored 23 goals for his club this season, also missed a sitter in United`s FA Cup defeat at Chelsea on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?