Ferguson says losing title to City reason behind Manchester United’s resurgence
London: Alex Ferguson has revealed losing Premier League title last season sent shockwaves through Manchester United.
Ferguson however insisted that one of the most painful setbacks in the team`s history has made them stronger and more determined to stop their rivals from becoming the dominant force in English football.
Fergie and the team were left stunned almost 12 months ago when Sergio Aguero`s stoppage-time goal saw Manchester City snatch the title away.
Fergie admitted the crushing blow was like a tremor, but he insisted the experience has been used as motivation for United to bounce back in stunning fashion.
The Blues thumped United 6-1 in this fixture last season to leave Fergie humiliated on his own ground.
He taunted City by telling them their attempts to sign Robin van Persie last summer were never going to work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report