Ferguson says Man U can’t afford Ronaldo
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted the club cannot afford to buy back Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid. United face the Real Madrid superstar on Wednesday in their Champions League clash at Santiago Bernabeu, four years after flogging him for 80 million pound.
Ferguson said if any club wants to buy back Ronaldo then they must be ready to shell out hundred of millions, adding that rules everyone out, including Barcelona. Ronaldo who moved to the Bernabeu in 2009, has been heavily linked with a switch back to Old Trafford. But boss Ferguson said everyone talks about it but he doesn’t see it, adding Ronaldo has two and a half years left on his contract and Madrid is trying hard to get him a new contract.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!