French second-tier club AS Monaco eyeing Rooney swoop
London: Mega-rich French club AS Monaco, which is heading for promotion in France, is ready to launch a bid to sign Manchester United star Wayne Rooney.
Monaco, managed by ex-Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri, wants to mark its top-flight return by making Rooney their marquee summer signing.
Monaco officials have told Rooney`s camp they are prepared to blow their rivals "out of the water" with a huge transfer fee and tax-free wage deal.
Fellow super-rich French side Paris St-Germain and German giants Bayern Munich are also keen on the unsettled England hitman, with Rooney himself understood to fancy Barcelona.
But Monaco`s billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev is on a mission to lead the club back to the top of European football and sees Rooney as the man to help him.
His current deal expires in 2015 and is worth a whopping 230,000-pound a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest