I need more time to adapt: Shinji Kagawa
Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa has revealed that he is unhappy with his early performances at Old Trafford since his summer move from Borussia Dortmund.
The Japan international, who scored 17 times for the Bundesliga outfit last season, has often found himself out of Sir Alex Ferguson’s selected starting line-up and was left out completely for the Red Devil`s 4-2 victory over Stoke on Saturday.
Kagawa, speaking to Kyodo News, has conceded that he is struggling to adapt the Premier League: "To be honest, I don`t believe I have yet cemented my place (in the team).”
"There is not one game that I can be satisfied with the way I played over the 90 minutes. I still feel I need more time to adapt.”
"It is fate for any player that plays for a big club and I am trying to draw on the positives."
The 23-year-old has reportedly been put on a special fitness routine to increase his strength by United’s backroom staff, but Kagawa has pointed out the need to improve his English and, thusly, his communication with his fellow team-mates.
"I need to communicate better so I can get my timing right when asking for the ball and things like that," he added.
"But more importantly I need to push and show my strengths. You gain trust when you deliver results."
Following their convincing-enough victory over Stoke, Sir Alex Ferguson`s men lie in second place in their pursuit for a 20th league title, four points off leaders Chelsea.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor