I try to help Balotelli: Tevez
London: The Argentine striker wants the controversial Italian to avoid the mistakes he made last season, when a falling out with Roberto Mancini saw him ostracised for six months.
Carlos Tevez has claimed that he has made several personal efforts to help his troubled Manchester City strike partner Mario Balotelli.
The Italian has been a figure of controversy both on and off the pitch since his arrival at the Etihad Stadium in 2010, epitomised by the physical confrontation this week between himself and manager Roberto Mancini in a training session.
However, according to Tevez, who himself fell out with the manager last season in a dispute that saw him sit out six months of competition, the incidents involving Balotelli are no different to those involving players at other teams.
"These kind of incidents have happened at all the clubs I’ve been," the former Manchester United man told reporters.
"But here at City the spotlight is always on us, always on Roberto and Mario. So it always comes out, but this kind of thing happens everywhere. Mario has been doing okay. He has been working and trying to improve.
"That’s what he did coming back from illness and injury, and it’s what he’s been trying to do.
"I try to help Mario. I talk to him on and off the pitch. I talked to him just before a free kick we were about to take, and I let him take it so he could improve his confidence, so things can get better for him.
"I’ve been in that moment like him, so I’m always keen to help him and keep him going so he doesn’t make the same mistakes."
Tevez scored, while Balotelli appeared from the bench as City comfortably saw off Watford 3-0 to progress into the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow