Man United favourites to swoop for England sensation Wilfried Zaha
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has beaten Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspurs out of the race for the signature of sensational winger Wilfried Zaha with an overall 12 million pound package.
It was revealed last month that Ferguson would go head-to-head with Arsene Wenger for the 20-year-old, and it appears that the Arsenal manager have been scared off by Palace’s demands, the Daily Mirror reports. Ferguson has wasted no time in making his move for Zaha during this month’s transfer window, as we revealed on December 29.
Spurs have also been chasing Zaha, with chairman Daniel Levy championing their bid to get him, but they backed away this week after realising the player had always viewed it as a straight choice between United and Arsenal. Premier League leaders United are believed to have offered eight million pound plus add-ons, a loan-back option for the rest of the season and the promise of further player loans to Palace to boost their bid for promotion from the Championship, which take the whole package up to around 12 million pounds.
It is understood Palace manager Ian Holloway, who has a close relationship with Ferguson, believes United’s deal to the best on offer, and it could be rubber-stamped in the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'