Man United favourites to swoop for England sensation Wilfried Zaha
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has beaten Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspurs out of the race for the signature of sensational winger Wilfried Zaha with an overall 12 million pound package.
It was revealed last month that Ferguson would go head-to-head with Arsene Wenger for the 20-year-old, and it appears that the Arsenal manager have been scared off by Palace’s demands, the Daily Mirror reports. Ferguson has wasted no time in making his move for Zaha during this month’s transfer window, as we revealed on December 29.
Spurs have also been chasing Zaha, with chairman Daniel Levy championing their bid to get him, but they backed away this week after realising the player had always viewed it as a straight choice between United and Arsenal. Premier League leaders United are believed to have offered eight million pound plus add-ons, a loan-back option for the rest of the season and the promise of further player loans to Palace to boost their bid for promotion from the Championship, which take the whole package up to around 12 million pounds.
It is understood Palace manager Ian Holloway, who has a close relationship with Ferguson, believes United’s deal to the best on offer, and it could be rubber-stamped in the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA