Manchester United could be my last top club: Van Persie
London: Robin van Persie says that he may finish his career at Manchester United, insisting that it is a club where older players are valued.
The 29-year-old has been little short of a revelation since his £24 million summer switch from Arsenal, netting 23 goals in 38 appearances to fire the Red Devils to the summit of the Premier League.
Despite a barren run that has seen the Netherlands international find the net just once in 10 games, Van Persie says that he is relishing life at Old Trafford.
"For the coming years, it`s Manchester United. And maybe longer. United would be my last top club," he told Voetball International.
"I have every day at United a new challenge. My development is an ongoing process. That gets an extra boost when you are surrounded by new coaches and team-mates, all with their own ideas, in a totally new environment."
The former Arsenal talisman went on to laud the club for valuing experience, with 38-year-old Paul Scholes and 39-year-old Ryan Giggs lining up alongside the Dutchman on a regular basis.
"You have a number of clubs in Europe where older players are valued," he added.
"You used to have that at Juventus and AC Milan. Manchester United today is a good example."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan