Marouane Fellaini injury derails his loan move to Napoli
Zee Media Bureau/Dattaraj Thaly
New Delhi: It appears as though Manchester United`s problems seems to have continued from where they left off last season. The latest in a long list is the injury to Marouane Fellaini during training.
The Belgian international was photographed with crutches following an injury to his left foot that he picked up on the training ground.
New manager Louis van Gaal was eager to offload the midfielder to Serie A side Napoli on a loan deal. The extent of the injury is yet to be determined but the protective cast on Fellani`s foot does not look positive.
Napoli were interested to secure the services of the former Everton man on a loan deal and have not been keen to buy the player on a permanent deal from the outset. It was evident from United`s US tour that Van Gaal does not intend to include the 26-year-old in his core team.
Since making his £27.5 million move from Everton, Fellaini has not impressed the Old Trafford faithful. Some sections of United fans even booed him during their pre-season match against Valencia, where he in fact scored.
Napoli seem to have shored up things in the middle of the park by signing Villarreal`s Jonathan De Guzman, which goes a long way to indicate Fellaini will continue to be Manchester United player.
If sidelined at the club, it remains to be seen how the Belgium midfielder reacts – will he work harder to get noticed by Van Gaal or will he lose his way and look for a permanent move in the winter transfer window?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown