Marouane Fellaini injury derails his loan move to Napoli
Zee Media Bureau/Dattaraj Thaly
New Delhi: It appears as though Manchester United`s problems seems to have continued from where they left off last season. The latest in a long list is the injury to Marouane Fellaini during training.
The Belgian international was photographed with crutches following an injury to his left foot that he picked up on the training ground.
New manager Louis van Gaal was eager to offload the midfielder to Serie A side Napoli on a loan deal. The extent of the injury is yet to be determined but the protective cast on Fellani`s foot does not look positive.
Napoli were interested to secure the services of the former Everton man on a loan deal and have not been keen to buy the player on a permanent deal from the outset. It was evident from United`s US tour that Van Gaal does not intend to include the 26-year-old in his core team.
Since making his £27.5 million move from Everton, Fellaini has not impressed the Old Trafford faithful. Some sections of United fans even booed him during their pre-season match against Valencia, where he in fact scored.
Napoli seem to have shored up things in the middle of the park by signing Villarreal`s Jonathan De Guzman, which goes a long way to indicate Fellaini will continue to be Manchester United player.
If sidelined at the club, it remains to be seen how the Belgium midfielder reacts – will he work harder to get noticed by Van Gaal or will he lose his way and look for a permanent move in the winter transfer window?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy