Moura turned down Manchester United to join PSG
London: The Brazilian youngster has revealed that he turned down the Premier League giants in order to join the French outfit, citing the club`s sporting director as a deciding factor.
Lucas Moura has said he turned down Manchester United in order to join French giants Paris Saint-Germain.
The 20-year-old attacking midfielder is regarded as one of the brightest prospects in world football and moved to les Rouge-et-Bleu this month after the club agreed a reported €35 million fee with Sao Paulo in August.
Sir Alex Ferguson`s team were amongst several sides looking to sign Moura, but the Brazilian said Leonardo`s influence had persuaded him to ignore other offers.
"Manchester United wanted me but I talked a lot with Leonardo and he convinced me," Moura told Telefoot TF1.
"It`s an honor for me to play with [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic," he added, speaking about the lure of PSG.
"I will learn a lot from this side."
Lucas has scored twice in nine Copa Sudamericana games this season and his father has stressed that his son`s talent is matched by his level-headed approach.
"Lucas is a modest kid," said Jorge Moura.
"He never lost his head and this is priceless."
PSG sit top of Ligue 1 in the winter break with 38 points, leading Olympique Lyonnais on goal difference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves