Moura turned down Manchester United to join PSG
London: The Brazilian youngster has revealed that he turned down the Premier League giants in order to join the French outfit, citing the club`s sporting director as a deciding factor.
Lucas Moura has said he turned down Manchester United in order to join French giants Paris Saint-Germain.
The 20-year-old attacking midfielder is regarded as one of the brightest prospects in world football and moved to les Rouge-et-Bleu this month after the club agreed a reported €35 million fee with Sao Paulo in August.
Sir Alex Ferguson`s team were amongst several sides looking to sign Moura, but the Brazilian said Leonardo`s influence had persuaded him to ignore other offers.
"Manchester United wanted me but I talked a lot with Leonardo and he convinced me," Moura told Telefoot TF1.
"It`s an honor for me to play with [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic," he added, speaking about the lure of PSG.
"I will learn a lot from this side."
Lucas has scored twice in nine Copa Sudamericana games this season and his father has stressed that his son`s talent is matched by his level-headed approach.
"Lucas is a modest kid," said Jorge Moura.
"He never lost his head and this is priceless."
PSG sit top of Ligue 1 in the winter break with 38 points, leading Olympique Lyonnais on goal difference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation