Moura turned down Manchester United to join PSG
London: The Brazilian youngster has revealed that he turned down the Premier League giants in order to join the French outfit, citing the club`s sporting director as a deciding factor.
Lucas Moura has said he turned down Manchester United in order to join French giants Paris Saint-Germain.
The 20-year-old attacking midfielder is regarded as one of the brightest prospects in world football and moved to les Rouge-et-Bleu this month after the club agreed a reported €35 million fee with Sao Paulo in August.
Sir Alex Ferguson`s team were amongst several sides looking to sign Moura, but the Brazilian said Leonardo`s influence had persuaded him to ignore other offers.
"Manchester United wanted me but I talked a lot with Leonardo and he convinced me," Moura told Telefoot TF1.
"It`s an honor for me to play with [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic," he added, speaking about the lure of PSG.
"I will learn a lot from this side."
Lucas has scored twice in nine Copa Sudamericana games this season and his father has stressed that his son`s talent is matched by his level-headed approach.
"Lucas is a modest kid," said Jorge Moura.
"He never lost his head and this is priceless."
PSG sit top of Ligue 1 in the winter break with 38 points, leading Olympique Lyonnais on goal difference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city