Rio Ferdinand still eyeing `double Cup` success
London: Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand has said that his club Manchester United still has the character to bounce back and make sure their campaign ends with the capture of two more trophies.
The Red Devils, devastated after losing to Real Madrid in the Champions League, blew a two-goal lead to Chelsea in the FA Cup, and will now have to win a replay at Stamford Bridge to keep alive their hopes of winning the Premier League and FA Cup this season.
Stating that United had put Madrid `to bed`, Ferdinand said that although the defeat was a bitter pill to swallow for United, they had played incredibly which, he added, showed the character of the squad.
Stating that United have mentally moved ahead from the disappointment of the defeat Ferdinand said that the club has gained a lot of experience, adding that they had been in the situation before.
Meanwhile, Ferdinand looks likely to escape an FA rap after his clash with Fernando Torres in Sunday`s FA Cup tie, during which he approached the Chelsea striker from behind and appeared to knock him to the floor, after which there was a heated altercation between them.
Last week he sarcastically clapped Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir, who sent off Nani, after United`s Champions League defeat to Real Madrid, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj