Rio Ferdinand still eyeing `double Cup` success
London: Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand has said that his club Manchester United still has the character to bounce back and make sure their campaign ends with the capture of two more trophies.
The Red Devils, devastated after losing to Real Madrid in the Champions League, blew a two-goal lead to Chelsea in the FA Cup, and will now have to win a replay at Stamford Bridge to keep alive their hopes of winning the Premier League and FA Cup this season.
Stating that United had put Madrid `to bed`, Ferdinand said that although the defeat was a bitter pill to swallow for United, they had played incredibly which, he added, showed the character of the squad.
Stating that United have mentally moved ahead from the disappointment of the defeat Ferdinand said that the club has gained a lot of experience, adding that they had been in the situation before.
Meanwhile, Ferdinand looks likely to escape an FA rap after his clash with Fernando Torres in Sunday`s FA Cup tie, during which he approached the Chelsea striker from behind and appeared to knock him to the floor, after which there was a heated altercation between them.
Last week he sarcastically clapped Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir, who sent off Nani, after United`s Champions League defeat to Real Madrid, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui