Rio Ferdinand still eyeing `double Cup` success
London: Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand has said that his club Manchester United still has the character to bounce back and make sure their campaign ends with the capture of two more trophies.
The Red Devils, devastated after losing to Real Madrid in the Champions League, blew a two-goal lead to Chelsea in the FA Cup, and will now have to win a replay at Stamford Bridge to keep alive their hopes of winning the Premier League and FA Cup this season.
Stating that United had put Madrid `to bed`, Ferdinand said that although the defeat was a bitter pill to swallow for United, they had played incredibly which, he added, showed the character of the squad.
Stating that United have mentally moved ahead from the disappointment of the defeat Ferdinand said that the club has gained a lot of experience, adding that they had been in the situation before.
Meanwhile, Ferdinand looks likely to escape an FA rap after his clash with Fernando Torres in Sunday`s FA Cup tie, during which he approached the Chelsea striker from behind and appeared to knock him to the floor, after which there was a heated altercation between them.
Last week he sarcastically clapped Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir, who sent off Nani, after United`s Champions League defeat to Real Madrid, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Both US and India have been tolerant nations since their existence: Acharya Lokesh
- Narsingh Yadav dope case: Grappler took banned substance intentionally, claims CAS