Rio Ferdinand still eyeing `double Cup` success
London: Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand has said that his club Manchester United still has the character to bounce back and make sure their campaign ends with the capture of two more trophies.
The Red Devils, devastated after losing to Real Madrid in the Champions League, blew a two-goal lead to Chelsea in the FA Cup, and will now have to win a replay at Stamford Bridge to keep alive their hopes of winning the Premier League and FA Cup this season.
Stating that United had put Madrid `to bed`, Ferdinand said that although the defeat was a bitter pill to swallow for United, they had played incredibly which, he added, showed the character of the squad.
Stating that United have mentally moved ahead from the disappointment of the defeat Ferdinand said that the club has gained a lot of experience, adding that they had been in the situation before.
Meanwhile, Ferdinand looks likely to escape an FA rap after his clash with Fernando Torres in Sunday`s FA Cup tie, during which he approached the Chelsea striker from behind and appeared to knock him to the floor, after which there was a heated altercation between them.
Last week he sarcastically clapped Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir, who sent off Nani, after United`s Champions League defeat to Real Madrid, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security