Robin van Persie chooses ‘lucky’ No. 20 Man U jersey in bid to win Premier League
London: Robin van Persie, who has just joined Manchester United, has chosen to wear the No. 20 jersey, which he sees as a lucky charm in his bid to win the Premier League.
“I had the option of 20 or 21 and the reason I took this shirt is because we’re all here to be champions this year and that would mean a 20th league title for Manchester United,” the Daily Express quoted Van Persie, as saying.
Van Persie was a Dutch youth international, having represented the Netherlands under-17, under-19 and under-21 sides. He made his senior international debut in 2005 in a friendly match against Romania.
He joined United after switching clubs with Arsenal, where he joined in 2004.
Van Persie became the club captain on 16 August 2011. His playing style and ability have drawn comparison to Dutch legend Marco van Basten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan