Robin van Persie chooses ‘lucky’ No. 20 Man U jersey in bid to win Premier League
London: Robin van Persie, who has just joined Manchester United, has chosen to wear the No. 20 jersey, which he sees as a lucky charm in his bid to win the Premier League.
“I had the option of 20 or 21 and the reason I took this shirt is because we’re all here to be champions this year and that would mean a 20th league title for Manchester United,” the Daily Express quoted Van Persie, as saying.
Van Persie was a Dutch youth international, having represented the Netherlands under-17, under-19 and under-21 sides. He made his senior international debut in 2005 in a friendly match against Romania.
He joined United after switching clubs with Arsenal, where he joined in 2004.
Van Persie became the club captain on 16 August 2011. His playing style and ability have drawn comparison to Dutch legend Marco van Basten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wished 'Happy Birthday' by THESE Bollywood hotties!
- Three new species of mouse lemurs discovered in Madagascar
- TMC questions Roy's banishment, walks out of Rajya Sabha
- Bring back Kohinoor, gift it to Jagannath Temple: BJD MP
- Rajya Sabha names 33 Congress members for disrupting house