Sir Alex hails Jonny Evans` `authority`
Manchester: Sir Alex Ferguson has hailed defender Jonny Evans, claiming that the Northern Irishman has added "authority" to his game recently.
The 25-year-old signed a new four-year contract last month and has made 145 appearances for the Red Devils since making his debut in 2007.
With injuries to Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand blighting recent seasons, Evans has become a regular in the Old Trafford backline, and his manager has praised his all-round abilities.
"He`s a fantastic footballer. He`s quick and has two great feet," Sir Alex told The Sun.
"But the development in the last couple of years has been in his authority within games."
Evans is expected to feature for United when they clash with Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves