Sir Alex hails Jonny Evans` `authority`
Manchester: Sir Alex Ferguson has hailed defender Jonny Evans, claiming that the Northern Irishman has added "authority" to his game recently.
The 25-year-old signed a new four-year contract last month and has made 145 appearances for the Red Devils since making his debut in 2007.
With injuries to Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand blighting recent seasons, Evans has become a regular in the Old Trafford backline, and his manager has praised his all-round abilities.
"He`s a fantastic footballer. He`s quick and has two great feet," Sir Alex told The Sun.
"But the development in the last couple of years has been in his authority within games."
Evans is expected to feature for United when they clash with Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation