Sir Alex to become Man United director after managing career
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester: Manchester United’s legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson won’t walk away from Old Trafford even after he hands over the manager’s reigns at the club.
The man who has almost become synonymous with the tradition and grandeur of the world’s biggest club, Manchester United, says he would like to take up a director’s role at the club once he moves away from management.
Ferguson said: ‘There’s no getting rid of me. I’ll probably become a director. Nobody knows [my retirement date], neither do I. It won’t be a doctor that tells me to quit!’
“There’s no getting rid of me,” Ferguson told a British magazine recently, “I’ll probably become a director. Nobody knows (my retirement date), neither do I. It won’t be a doctor that tells me to quit!”
When asked who would succeed him, Sir Alex refused to put forward any names, adding that “they’ll ask me but I think it’ll be a club decision, not mine. With the structure we have here, it can`t be an impossible job.”
The most successful manager in club football history also had some words of advice to whosoever would take over after him.
“Imagination is always important. The other most important thing is don’t change who you are. It happens, you see it time and time again, a manager comes in and tries to change himself. Your job is not to change you, it’s to change what you’re taking over. Change the team, the philosophy of a football club to your philosophy. Never change who you are. That really will hold you in good stead, simply because the players understand what you are, who you are.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!