This is my best ever Manchester United team: Sir Alex Ferguson
London: Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United are as good as they have ever been under his management after the Red Devils beat Fulham to progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup.
United lead the Premier League and also remain in both the FA Cup and the Champions League, giving them a chance to replicate their historic treble triumph of 1999.
Key to their success has been the form of strikers Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Chicharito and Danny Welbeck, a quartet which has been compared in depth and goalscoring threat to the combination of Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 14 years ago.
"When you look at those lads up front, if they can each get to the 20 mark, we will really be in business," Sir Alex told reporters.
"The options we`ve got now all round the park, if we can keep everyone fit, are as good as I`ve had in my time here."
United face Southampton in the Premier League on Wednesday and resume their Champions League campaign with the first leg of their first knockout round tie against Real Madrid on February 13.
On Sunday they were drawn to face Reading at Old Trafford in the only all-Premier League tie of the last 16 of the FA Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Uttarakhand political crisis: BJP offered Rs 50 crore, party tickets and RS seats to Congress MLAs?
- Supreme Court reserves order on conduct of NEET or AIPMT for medical colleges' admission
- IRNSS-1G launch: PM Modi lauds ISRO, says it's a great gift to people of India from scientists
- SHOCKING VIDEO: OMG! This bowler was almost killed after being hit on face by ball...
- Sniffing rosemary helps improve brain power of old people