Van Persie named December`s Premier League player of the month
Manchester: Manchester United striker Robin van Persie has been named the Premier League player of the month for December.
The Dutchman scored five times in six games for the Red Devils in a prolific month that saw his team go seven points clear of title rivals Manchester City during the busy festive schedule.
And Van Persie, who currently leads the top scorers chart with 16 goals, revealed his delight at receiving the prize from the Premier League sponsors Barclays.
"It was a big month for us," he told the club`s official website.
"You have certain periods during a season when it goes your way and December was one of those periods."
Van Persie joined United from Arsenal in a deal worth £24 million this summer and has since made 26 appearances in all competitions, scoring 20 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM