Van Persie named December`s Premier League player of the month
Manchester: Manchester United striker Robin van Persie has been named the Premier League player of the month for December.
The Dutchman scored five times in six games for the Red Devils in a prolific month that saw his team go seven points clear of title rivals Manchester City during the busy festive schedule.
And Van Persie, who currently leads the top scorers chart with 16 goals, revealed his delight at receiving the prize from the Premier League sponsors Barclays.
"It was a big month for us," he told the club`s official website.
"You have certain periods during a season when it goes your way and December was one of those periods."
Van Persie joined United from Arsenal in a deal worth £24 million this summer and has since made 26 appearances in all competitions, scoring 20 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?