Van Persie named December`s Premier League player of the month
Manchester: Manchester United striker Robin van Persie has been named the Premier League player of the month for December.
The Dutchman scored five times in six games for the Red Devils in a prolific month that saw his team go seven points clear of title rivals Manchester City during the busy festive schedule.
And Van Persie, who currently leads the top scorers chart with 16 goals, revealed his delight at receiving the prize from the Premier League sponsors Barclays.
"It was a big month for us," he told the club`s official website.
"You have certain periods during a season when it goes your way and December was one of those periods."
Van Persie joined United from Arsenal in a deal worth £24 million this summer and has since made 26 appearances in all competitions, scoring 20 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender