Mansfield 1-2 Liverpool: Sturridge debut goal & controversial Suarez strike edge Reds through in FA Cup
London: Brendan Rodgers` side stumbled into the next round of the competition after an unconvincing win away from home over the non-league outfit, with the Uruguayan grabbing the winner.
Liverpool booked their place in the FA Cup fourth round, avoiding an upset after a closely-fought 2-1 victory over Mansfield at Field Mill on Sunday afternoon.
The visitors raced into an early lead with Daniel Sturridge running on to Jonjo Shelvey`s superb pass before calmly curling an effort into the bottom corner, leaving Stags goalkeeper Alan Marriott with no chance.
They stretched their lead near the hour mark, with Luis Suarez tapping home after some good work by Stewart Downing down the right, with the Uruguayan forward handling the ball in the box before stroking it home into an empty net for a hugely contentious goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan