Mansfield 1-2 Liverpool: Sturridge debut goal & controversial Suarez strike edge Reds through in FA Cup
London: Brendan Rodgers` side stumbled into the next round of the competition after an unconvincing win away from home over the non-league outfit, with the Uruguayan grabbing the winner.
Liverpool booked their place in the FA Cup fourth round, avoiding an upset after a closely-fought 2-1 victory over Mansfield at Field Mill on Sunday afternoon.
The visitors raced into an early lead with Daniel Sturridge running on to Jonjo Shelvey`s superb pass before calmly curling an effort into the bottom corner, leaving Stags goalkeeper Alan Marriott with no chance.
They stretched their lead near the hour mark, with Luis Suarez tapping home after some good work by Stewart Downing down the right, with the Uruguayan forward handling the ball in the box before stroking it home into an empty net for a hugely contentious goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days