Mansfield 1-2 Liverpool: Sturridge debut goal & controversial Suarez strike edge Reds through in FA Cup
London: Brendan Rodgers` side stumbled into the next round of the competition after an unconvincing win away from home over the non-league outfit, with the Uruguayan grabbing the winner.
Liverpool booked their place in the FA Cup fourth round, avoiding an upset after a closely-fought 2-1 victory over Mansfield at Field Mill on Sunday afternoon.
The visitors raced into an early lead with Daniel Sturridge running on to Jonjo Shelvey`s superb pass before calmly curling an effort into the bottom corner, leaving Stags goalkeeper Alan Marriott with no chance.
They stretched their lead near the hour mark, with Luis Suarez tapping home after some good work by Stewart Downing down the right, with the Uruguayan forward handling the ball in the box before stroking it home into an empty net for a hugely contentious goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf