Real Madrid confirms Modric signing
Madrid: Real Madrid football club Monday announced the signing of Croatian midfielder Luka Modric on a five-year contact.
Modric joins the Spanish giants from Tottenham Hotspurs on a deal thought to be in the region of 35 million Euros, ending a long running transfer saga.
The two clubs have also penned a mutual collaboration agreement which will see them work together and facilitate loan agreements.
Modric, who will celebrate his 28th birthday Sep 9, joins Madrid after spending four seasons in London. He has 57 international caps for his country and Real Madrid hope he will provide cover in central midfield following the loan of Nuri Sahin to Liverpool and the likely departure of Brazilian midfielder Kaka before the transfer window closes by the end of August.
Real Madrid announced the signing of the player less than 24 hours after their surprise defeat to Getafe in the BBVA Primera Liga Sunday night and just two days before they entertain FC Barcelona in the return leg of the Spanish Supercup Wednesday.
Modric is unlikely to play in that game, where Madrid need to overturn a 3-2 defeat from the first leg, but he could appear when his new side faces Granada next Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan