EPL: Southampton vs Arsenal - Preview
London: Southampton defender Nathaniel Clyne is nearing a comeback from the knock he sustained on Boxing Day, although he may only make the bench for this game.
Adam Lallana remains a doubt with a knee injury, although Nigel Adkins is hopeful of welcoming the midfielder back into the side soon.
Otherwise, Saints have no new injury or suspension worries, so have a strong squad from which to choose.
For the Gunners, Per Mertesacker is close to a return but may not recover in time for this game.
Theo Walcott looks set to keep his place as a central striker, with Arsene Wenger hopeful he can tie the England man to a new contract soon.
• In scoring three times at the Britannia Stadium against Stoke, Southampton became the first side to net more than once away to the Potters this season.
• Only two players have appeared in every Premier League game for Saints this season: Rickie Lambert and defender Jose Fonte, the latter of which has started every game.
• Having gained just one win in their first 10 matches this term, Southampton have lost just twice in their subsequent nine games.
• These sides have already faced each other this season in the Premier League, with the Gunners triumphing 6-1 thanks in part to a brace from Gervinho and own goals from Nathaniel Clyne and Jos Hooiveld.
• Arsenal’s Theo Walcott (pictured right) has scored 10 goals in his last 10 appearances in all competitions.
• The Gunners’ 7-3 victory over Newcastle was the joint second-most goals to be scored in a Premier League match, equal with their 8-2 loss to Manchester United last season.
• Arsenal have won their last four Premier League matches by a goal aggregate of 15-5.